Too Sane
4/23/2008
 
My Obama Dream
Thursday, April 17, 2008


I had a strange dream about Democratic Presidential Candidate Barack Obama last night, and thought I'd share it with you. I submitted it to the "I Dream of Barack" blog:

http://idreamofbarack.blogspot.com/

----------
Hearing some rustling from outside, I went over to the glass sliding door that looks out into the yard. A young, backpack-wearing Barack Obama was attempting to peep into the house through the slightly open curtains. Annoyed, I asked him what he wanted.

"Hi! I'm looking for Homer Simpson!" he replied eagerly.

I informed the young man that Homer Simpson was not around.

"Would ya - would ya mind if I took a look around ... inside?"

He spent about an hour nervously poking around the house. My irritation grew, and when he finally emerged from the laundry room, I left my wife's side to attack him with a wooden baseball bat. He easily sidestepped my strike, and then I felt guilty about attacking him. He was very sincere and polite, but just too invasive.

Persuaded by my anger and his fruitless search, the young man left.

The next day, I looked outside and saw a dozen college students with backpacks and metal detectors snooping around the back yard. When I asked them what they were looking for, they cheerfully replied, "Homer Simpson!" At a loss, I simply closed the sliding door. I told my dad that a guy named Bill (ironically enough), who looked to be about 23 years old, was out in the yard with his disciples, desperately searching for something that they will never find.

Later, Bill/Obama returned alone, and gently knocked on the window.

"Hi! I'm looking for Homer Simpson!" he called out on the other side of the glass.

"Homer Simpson," I explained, "DOES NOT EXIST!! GO ... AWAY!!"

I closed the curtain.
|

<< Home


Powered by Blogger