Too Sane
4/23/2008
 
Emo Philips
Monday, January 21, 2008

This past Saturday night 1/19/08 at NYC's Comix club, we witnessed oddball comedian Emo Philips in top form; he mixed the classic 80s nuggets with more recent observations. And, of course, his trademark wide-eyed but misdirected innocence and floppy arm gesturing commanded the attention of the entire room for every second he stood on stage.



Emo with Phil Collins on an episode of Miami Vice

"Sometimes I miss NY so much, I'll fill my humidifier with urine."
"One time I surprised my parents during sex. They said, 'where'd you learn to do that?'"

Go check him out, the face muscle exhaustion from nonstop laughter is more than worth your time. After the show, we talked with him for a minute and he signed one of our tickets. We weren't sure what he would be like off stage, but Emo was amazingly receptive and friendly to his fans. We asked him to return to NYC as soon as possible.

My face still hurts.
|

<< Home


Powered by Blogger